Finding a roofing contractor to conduct a roof replacement job isn’t a task that any homeowner should take lightly. In fact, there are many factors that you should consider first so you can hire a reliable and trustworthy person to work on your roof. While it may sound like a difficult task, there are ways you can make it easier on you.
- Avoid Storm Chasers – This is something that you should keep in mind at all costs, especially if a particularly nasty storm has just passed by your area. You can often identify storm chaser if they knock on your door and say they spotted some damage on your roofing system after a storm. Should you encounter a storm chaser, simply decline their services, and find an actual professional to perform an inspection on your roof.
- Don’t Look at the Price – It can be tempting if a contractor offers you a deal that will allow you to replace your roof for a lower than expected price. However, choosing a company based on price can land you into more roofing trouble than you had to begin with so it’s always best that you continue to research on other roofers in your area.
- Referrals – Referrals are always the best way to find a roofing contractor for your home. You can ask your friends, neighbors or even family members if they know a good roofer. Doing so means there is less chance of potential scams when you choose a contractor they’ve already worked with beforehand.
- Research Their BBB Ratings – Another way to find reputable roofing companies is through the Better Business Bureau (BBB). With that in mind, be sure to look up your options on the BBB to see their ratings and reviews from previous customers. As much as possible, steer clear of roofers who do not exist on the BBB as they may not be that trustworthy and reliable as some may believe.
- Proper Licensing and Insurance – When narrowing down your options for a contractor, check if they have the proper insurance and licenses first. That way, you can protect yourself from any wrongful lawsuit if the contractor has an accident while working on your home.
- Communication – When choosing your contractor, see if they quickly return your calls or if they sent the documentation that you asked them to send. If they’ve done any of these, then that means you have a good contractor in your hands. If not, however, it might be in your best interest to look for an alternative contractor for your roofing project.
Turn to Rapid Roofing for your home improvement needs. We are your number one provider of storm damage repair and siding installation services. Give us a call at (812) 269-3575 or (317) 333-6061, or fill out our contact form to request a free inspection.